Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welp...I'm on my own...

That's right, it's just me and the wee ones this week. Scary, huh? Adam went camping with the Young Men for High Adventure. He reluctantly left early this morning. Last night we were talking about how much harder it is to leave your kids than your spouse. He'll miss me, of course, but not like he'll miss Saylor and Beckam. And Saylor misses him so much already! They are really two peas in a pod. I love it.

To take her mind off of Daddy being gone for a few days, we've been doing pretty much whatever Saylor wants. She got to pick out her own "nail poshess" at the store. Naturally, of all the colors, she chose Transvestite Red. It looks really cute on her. I look like a hooker. I've gotta round up some "nail poshess" remover fast.


Suckers are Saylor's favorite so we've had just about enough to rot her teeth right out. Beckam had a little taste of mine, much to Saylor's dismay ("Mommy, no! He's just a tiny baby!"), and quite enjoyed himself.

Tomorrow night we're having our first sleepover at Grandma Sweety's house. It should be interesting. Saylor's excited so...mission accomplished. Hopefully all this stuff keeps her mind off of Adam being gone. We're all holding up well so far! I have lots of respect for single moms! We miss you, Ad! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay!! I'm excited for you guys to sleep over! That picture you took of your nails is just stunning, check out the sparkle on your ring.

Larson Family said...

Hi Emily this is Renee Larson(Hatch). I was so excited to find your blog. Your kids are so cute!! I am excited to see you on Saturday it will be fun to catch up. Now we have another way to keep in contact. Arn't blogs great?!!! Here is my blog URL
wrlarsonfamily.blogspot.com
I am glad you are making it on your own. Every time my husband goes out of town I say the same thing..."I am so glad I am not a single mom."
See ya Saturday!!!

Katy said...

Saylor is such a little ham! You are such a good mommy. Hopefully someday I'll get around to doing fun, creative stuff with my kids, too! You are AMAZING! Hang in there this week.

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Keep those spirits up for the whole week. You will do great! Taylor also picked out red when we did painting--luckily it was just my toes. :)