Saturday, July 19, 2008

Beckam Update

We just had another doctor appointment for Beckam to see how he's growing. Verdict: he's a little weed. He weighs 12 lbs 4 oz now (54th percentile), and is 24 inches (81st percentile). He was so cute and "talked" and smiled the whole time. The doctor was impressed with how vocal he was.

Since Beckam was born they have been able to hear a faint heart murmur. On a scale of 1-6 (6 being the worst) Beckam's murmur is a 1. However, because both mine and Adam's families have horrible track records in the heart department (4 heart attacks, 1 pacemaker and a whole bunch of missing beats), the doctor ordered an EKG. They stuck the little stickers all over his tummy and hooked him up to the machine to track what his heart was doing. He squirmed the whole time so everything kept falling off....it took forever! The preliminary EKG came back normal, thank heaven, and we are still waiting to hear the final word. Things look good though and we are very relieved.


Everything else checked out just fine! He's such a little sweetheart, we couldn't love him more!

5 comments:

Katy said...

What a sweet boy, and I'm so glad that his EKG came out all right! You guys have had a lot of craziness with this little guy. He'll probably be a little angel to make up for it. :o)

Larson Family said...

Glad everything is okay!! One less thing to worry about right?!!

Heather said...

That is a relief I'm sure! I'm glad he's doing well :)

Could you email me your address? I'm sending out invites this week. My email is heather.d.cutler@gmail.com.
Take care!

Darci said...

awe, that is kinda scary! i'm glad everything turned out ok though...he is a growin' boy!

Jenilyn Anderson said...

Hey Emily! It was so good to hear from you! I love your blog. You have such a cute little family. Looks like we have the same, Girl then boy! Aren't kids the best?! I am glad your little boy is alright.