Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

I'm a few days behind (okay, almost a week) but I thought I'd still tell a little bit about our 4th. We had so much fun! I've always loved this holiday, but I love it so much more with kids.

Saylor had so much fun at the Layton parade with my family. She sat, curb-side, in her little Dora folding chair and waved the entire time. She even waved during the gaps in the parade when no one was in sight! It was so cute. We had to keep telling her "you can stop waving now". Funny girl.
The 4th of July has become a little bit of a fashion show in the Baird family, for the grandkids anyway. They all looked so cute and patriotic.

After the parade we met up with Adam's family to walk through the booths and get some lunch. Jenene (Adam's mom) loves to spoil Saylor. There was one booth with all kinds of princess stuff that caught Saylor's eye as we walked past. After we ate our navajo tacos, Jenene took Saylor back there to pick something out. I wish I had a picture of Jenene's grin as she and Saylor came walking back across the park to us. She had bought a sparkly, star-studded, pink fairy princess dress and crown that could have been made just for Saylor. Needless to say, she didn't take it off the for the rest of the day. I didn't get a picture because we had one of those "I didn't grab the camera, I thought you had it!" moments.

That afternoon it was back to the Baird's for a BBQ, yum, and lots of playing in the backyard. That night we went to fireworks with the Dahls. This was Saylor's 1st experience and she absolutely loved it. Beckam...not so much. He cried through most of it and then finally crashed. Saylor cuddled with Adam and laughed and played the whole time. It was a lot of fun to see her enjoy it so much.

No comments: