Monday, September 8, 2008

Utah State Fair

We took a trip to the good ol' State Fair tonight with the Bairds and had some fun. However, I have to say that fairs are all about extremes: extremely interesting fair-goers (you know the kind to which I'm referring), extremely expensive food, extremely large animals, extremely risky rides (hey, you just never know when you might get stuck at the top of the Farris wheel), extremely cheap merchandise...but it's one of those things you have to experience.

We started out with the extremely expensive food. Here's Brinkley (niece) and Saylor being so patient. Nice smile, Bri. I was excited about the fair food because you always hear about how good it is......not so. Even Adam was disappointed, and that's saying something.

Then we headed over to see the extremely large (and stinky) animals. Look how hot Adam is. Saylor was less than thrilled. One cow, um, relieved itself right in front of Saylor. She said "The cow went pee pee! Now he gets a sticker and a sucker!"
Check out how huge this pig is! 840 lbs! After seeing these guys I seriously, I mean seriously considered going vegetarian. Too bad for the pigs - I can't live without bacon or a good ham sandwich.


Next, it was off to the extremely risky carnival rides. How bad can a carousel be though, right? Saylor loved it. Chels and Bri did, too.
No worries, we didn't actually ride this one but it made for a really cute picture!


Here is the extremely cheap merchandise...magic wands.

We made some memories and Saylor and Beckam were happy. So it was extremely worth it.

3 comments:

Shelise said...

I was blog-hopping and came across your blog, check mine out. Send me an email at tslowe@Usfamily.net and I will send you an invite. Cute kids by the way.

Angela said...

Looks like fun was had by all!! I love the cow story - that one made me laugh out loud!

Carol Baird said...

I already wrote my comment- but I said that I love you and adore your children. I cherish when we can be together. You never get used toyour children not living with you! You can use my chi anytime, if you will spend the night sometime again! Love, Mom