Saylor was THE best baby. She rarely cried. She was content to just sit and smile for hours...perfectly still. She totally entertained herself (still does). She rolled over at 4 months but I think it was just so that she could say she did it. She wasn't curious, wasn't interested in going anywhere or getting on the move. She didn't crawl until her 1st birthday, and didn't walk until 20 months. Her first skinned knee happened like 3 weeks ago, not kidding. She's not adventurous at all. Easy kid.
Beckam...not so much. He's a bit (a lot) more fussy than Saylor EVER was. He needs to be held or he thinks the world is ending. He needs to be entertained most of the time. He's the squirmiest kid ever! He rolls like it's his job. His favorite thing is to be on our bed on his tummy. He grabs the comforter and pulls his long chicken legs up under him and then shoots them out really fast to propel himself forward. He looks just like a little inch worm, really cute. He actually gets around like this! The distance he covers is actually pretty impressive.
With Saylor I wondered why they bothered putting straps and buckles on everything that is designed for holding a baby. Now I know why. Today I set Beckam in his swing so I could cut a peach for Saylor. I set him in there and turned my back on him for literally 4 seconds to get a blanket. As I turn around and was walking back over to him he had already flipped onto his tummy...in the swing, remember... and was now making an awkward, and slow, descent to the tile floor. Don't worry too much yet...the swing is only 2 inches off the ground so it's not a long drop. So he does this perfect roll right onto his back just as I got to him. He looked up at me all wide-eyed like "What just happened there?" and then started this little kind-of-cry. I scooped him up and felt so bad! I turned him so I could see the back of his head to make sure no one was going to call DCFS on me and I hear him laughing! He's looking at Saylor with his big dimply grin practically saying "TA DAAA!". Little monkey! He's fine. I am not prepared to have this kind of a daredevil child! Is it a boy thing?? Or is he just anxious to give me a heart attack? Wish me luck with this one, guys...looks like I'm going to need it.
13 years ago

6 comments:
Can I borrow Saylor for jsut a week or so? Beckham certainly sounds like a boy, but my Taylor does 'boy' stuff too. I think it is just to each child. I am lucky enough to have 4 wild monkeys. yes, I am including Brennan, because he is already giving that vibe to me. :)
HOLD ON!! It will be fun!
I know what you mean when you say "dare devil"! Brock is all over the place! It definately could be a boy thing. He is all for butterflies in his tummy, all the time!
uh, welcome to my world...
Nope, it's not limited to boys. Aiva's turned out to be a little daredevil too. It is EXAUSTING, but cute, I have to admit!
I think it’s got to be a boy thing. Brighton was and is the same. Always wanting attention and extremely fearless. So I feel for you 100%. So I’m going to wish you all the luck in the world.
I am terrified to have another child because Apri has been so easy. It is interesting how each kid already comes with thier own personality.
Post a Comment