13 years ago
Friday, September 12, 2008
I'm going bald.
Postpartum hair loss is rearing its ugly head...on my head. I have incredibly fine hair to begin with and have always joked that I only have 4 pieces total. Well...all 4 pieces have totally abandoned me and I am left looking like a little wet mouse, a very bald one. Pathetic. This happened when Saylor was born so you'd think I'd be ready for it this time. It is stressing me out. I intend to go get it cut to try and make it seem like I have hair. If anybody has any tips on how to grow hair :), or ideas for fancy parts to hide my bald spots... please help me out. I'd post a picture but it's way embarrassing and I kind of feel bad for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Try staying on your prenatal vitamins. They say they help with hair and nail growth which I've noticed. I kept taking them after my 1st and never had the massive hair loss - didn't stay on them fter my second and now it's all coming out.
Mine fell out too and I said a LOT of things I shouldn't repeat...and I cried, and cried, and cried...and went to Amber...
Hang in there!! Go chop it all off like Jessie's and know that soon it will ALL COME BACK!!!
Lovin you!
I wish I had a cure all for you. I hate postpartum hair loss - I feel for you. Maybe cutting it will be good for it - can't wait to see the new do. Good luck!
Emily - I found your blog on Aubrey's and wanted to say hello. Your kids are darling and I can't believe how big Sailor is getting. I am glad to see that you guys are doing well. I will have to add you to my blog so we can keep in touch.
Don't worry Em, I'll teach you how to comb it so nobody will notice. It has worked for me for a long time.
hahaha ok i love justin's comment. seriously- take his advice :) mine is coming out in clumps too. i don't know if there's anything you can do to stop it since it's just hair that would have fallen out for the past year anyway...you could pull off a super short cut though if you wanted :) you're so dang little!
My sister-in-law went through the same thing, and it stressed her our so bad. She actually got a few sew-in hair extentions that really eased her anxiety about it while her hair grew back in. I know it can get expensive, but it's a solution if you're totally desperate and you can spare the cash.
We're all in it with you, Emily. EVERY TIME I was like "AGAIN!?" It is so stressful and awkward...I'm so sorry.
Lady I'm sorry. I'd say go back on prenatal vitamins. You can borrow my hair if you want. I have plenty to spare.
I lost a ton of hair with Dallin and am now losing a ton again. I had never heard of anyone else loosing their hair after having a baby until a month ago. I am glad I am not alone. Well, good luck with that one. Oh, and I just read "kristen!"'s comment and I think I will have to try that.
Post a Comment