Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saylor's riding the potty train! Wooo wooo!

It's official: Saylor is a big girl. She's got this potty thing down!

Saylor is one of those kids that decides when they will do something. Example: She was 20 months old before she started walking. It didn't matter how much I tried, she didn't want to have anything to do with it until then. She wouldn't even "practice". One day she just stood up and started walking. It's the same with the potty. I've tried to force it on her a few times but she doesn't really care. But, with a little help from our potty chart (thanks for the idea, Darci), and the promise of a reward, now she acts like she's been going in a potty for years. She just started doing it like a pro!

It's so funny, she sits down and after a second or two she screams "I'M DOOOING IT!!" Then she gets a sticker! She loves her princess panties. She's so proud of herself, that's my favorite part, and that I only have to change diapers for one now.

It's weird, she seems like such a big girl now. She's growing up so fast! She practically gets her driver's license next week....

Her first sticker...WAY exciting!

Big girl panties!
Look at all those stickers!
Say NO to diapers!
The great reward!

2 comments:

Darci said...

YAY! See- they totally just have to decide to do it :) I'm glad you guys got it down. It's SOOO much nicer isn't it!!??

Jody and Lacey said...

Hey!
I don't know if you will remember me, but we went to high school together. I saw that you had a link on Kari Yurth's blog, and since I am fairly new to this blogging world I thought I would say hello! You and Adam have a darling family! I'm glad to know you guys are doing well. Come check out my blog if you want to. It is crockettadventures.blogspot.com Talk to ya later
Lacey (Robinson) Crockett