Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beckam Update

Beckam had his 4-month check up today. I've come to dread these because every one we have gone to so far has ended with either x-rays, ekg's, or an echo cardiogram. Today's visit was great though. No new drama!

He weighs 14 lbs (25th percentile) and is 26 inches long(76th percentile). Tall and skinny boy. The doctor couldn't hear his heart murmur (she assured me that doesn't mean it's gone) so that's good! His head is a little flat on one side and his neck muscles are super tight so she recommended a few sessions of physical therapy to help that. His reflux is still raging so she upped his dosage of Zantac (I LOVE ZANTAC!!). Everything looks great.

He wouldn't hold still, naturally, and almost rolled right off the table! He was sad after his shots but big sister Saylor swooped right in to help in that department. She wanted to pat him and hold his hand. She stroked his head when we got in the car and then rested her hand on his leg all the way home. What a sweet girl. Well, there ya go! Update complete.

3 comments:

The Barneys said...

I can’t belive how fast he’s growing. It’s also nice to hear that this appointment went better then the reast. It’s also nice to hear that everything is going great with him.

It's Me...shell said...

That's so cute! I love when little kids comfort each other. precious times in the neighborhood

Anonymous said...

I too love Zantac! I am glad that all is well.