Saturday, January 17, 2009

Haircuts

So...I was in need of a change...in a bad way. The easiest and quickest change I could think of was my hair. I think I have had the same hairstyle, or some variation of it, since I was about 12 (with the exception of when I grew it out when I got married). So I chopped it, cut some bangs, and dyed it dark brown! No worries, I will include pictures soon. I really like it. It's kind of shocking when I look in the mirror but I'm getting used to it. Saylor, on the other hand, is not.

Should a 2 year old have a strong opinion about her mother's hair? I asked her if she liked it and she said "No. It looks frustrated. I want it to look like my hair." I'm not offended by her honesty, it's actually kind of refreshing. But she's not only upset with my hair, she's upset with her own, too.

She had been growing her hair out because she wanted "princess hair". She looked like a homeless child though, and I looked like a bad mom. So I took her with me and when it was her turn she said she wanted it cut. I jumped at that and we started snipping away. She also said she wanted it black but I had to draw the line. It looks absolutely darling. I love it. When we were finished cutting it, she looked at herself and said "I'm pretty upset about short." Then, she kept tugging at her hair saying "I want it downer!" I felt a little bad but she got over it. I'm pretty concerned for our future though...she's so opinionated already! What are we going to do with her when she's 14?!?

3 comments:

bergesonbs said...

I for sure want to see the dark hair! I bet it looks great.

Thompson Family said...

I thought yours and Saylor's hair was so cute when I saw it on Saturday.

Chelsea and Dave said...

Your hair is darling and Saylor is so funny she is cute! Congrats on the chnage!