Sunday, June 1, 2008

Princess Saylor




So Saylor is 2 and 3 months now and I love her to pieces! She is a really really good talker and is extra smart (I think). She's such a girly girl, too. She's obsessed with dresses, jewelry, my makeup, chapstick, dancing, princesses and ballerinas...anything frilly. Everyday I pick out her outfit and then she stands in front of her closet and says "which dress should I wear?" while she taps her chin with her finger. So everyday she wears a "beautiful princess dress", too. She calls her Sunday shoes her "glass slippers" (keep in mind I didn't teach her any of these things), and wears them around the house constantly. We watch Cinderella 2 or 3 times everyday. I've got the movie memorized, so does she. We have to watch the scene where Cinderella dances with the prince repeatedly while Saylor dances around the room. Also, she requests that I dance with her and sing "So This is Love" while we sway and hold hands. It's all very cute and I love it but...she's starting to suck me into her little world. A few weeks ago, while I was getting dressed, she walked into my closet and started pulling clothes off the hangers and handing them to me. Next thing I know I'm wearing a brown skirt, a green jacket, a pink shirt, and my flip flops (which were obviously my glass slippers), all over my pajamas. She had me look in the mirror "at my princess clothes" and called me her "pink prince" all day long. She was so excited so I humored her and wore that for my outfit that day (don't worry...we didn't leave the house). She's so sweet...how could I refuse? For the record I'm still pregnant in the picture :) More princess blogs to come...

2 comments:

Our Family said...

How adorable! It's so funny because I can't picture her doing or saying any of these things. She just seems to little to me still. What a big girl!

Katie said...

I think you should get Saylor together with my niece Abbey. I'm pretty sure if you did a "Day in the Life of" movie for both of them, it would end up being exactly the same. Abbey has a playground that she calls her castle, and when she has nothing to do she dances to the Cinderella song too.