
Beckam Adam Dahl was born May 8, 2008 and weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20" long. I like to plan things out and know exactly what is going to happen when, and how long it will take, so Beckam really threw us for a loop when he was born. Here's how it all went down: I had been dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced for a month. Contractions had become a regular part of my life but didn't seem to be getting us anywhere very quickly. It's 5:15 on the morning of the 8th and my water breaks, kind of, out of no where. I really wasn't sure if it had broken or not because it wasn't the great flood that I had imagined it would be. I woke Adam up after about 10 minutes (next time I won't wait!) to get his opinion. He took the initiative and called his mom to come and be with Saylor. I started calling my family to let them know what was up. When I talked to Rach, she convinced me to not wait and to take Saylor with us and LEAVE RIGHT NOW. She's a nurse and kind of had that serious, medical tone of voice so into the car we went. As soon as I sat down I knew it was go time. Adam broke most of the traffic laws I know of, especially the speed limit, and got us to the hospital in about 10 minutes (quite a feat). It was just like a movie...I'm waddling into the ER, breathing like a weirdo, Saylor is half asleep on Adam's shoulder, he throws the keys to the nearest paramedic and tells him to park the car. They get me into a wheelchair and I'm yelling at them that I need to push. The poor guy wheeling me around is in a dead sprint now (thank heaven he took me seriously). We met Adam's mom at the elevator and she kept Saylor for us. We got to Labor and Delivery and everyone is taking their precious time. They took me to the nearest room and the nurse tells me to lay down on the bed....ha ha, I couldn't even sit down because he was on his way out! A hee hee hoo hoo and a bit of dramatic yelling later and Beckam had arrived! Our doctor missed it so the baby was delivered by the resident, who was pretty much Doogie Houser. It all happened 5 minutes after we got there! There wasn't time for drugs so we did it pioneer-style...nice and natural. I highly recommend the epidural. Beckam was way excited to join our family, apparently, and couldn't get here fast enough! But can you blame him? We're so happy he's here and healthy. We love him so much! 
8 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you are blogging! I'm excited to be able to see pictures of your cute family. Beckam is so adorable! The story of his birth was crazy! You are awesome to get through that! Aiva and I will hopefully be able visit you guys this next week. She gave me her nasty cold, but hopefully it won't last too long. :( I'll talk to you soon!
Oh Em...prepared to become addicted. You're worried you won't keep up on this thing...ha! You won't be able to keep up on anything else because you're going to love checking this thing everyday! I'm so glad you joined. Beckam is adorable! He looks so much like Adam. I can't wait to see him in person.
OH MY GOSH! That is the BEST story! Seriously, with that and the whole high school sweethearts thing you guys have the beginnings of a book. :o) So glad Beckam made it here safe and sound. Congrats!!
I'm so glad you have a blog now! It really is a lot of fun and is a cool way to keep up on what is going on in everyone's crazy lives! Your family is so darn cute! We love you guys. (Oh and brock wants to see his best friend again.)
I was just thinking about you TODAY, I was shocked to find your blog comment on mine! YAY for Em blogging!!! You're awesome and CONGRATULATIONS my friend- he is so adorable. Such a pretty family! I'm excited to catch up!
Em, thank you for finding me! I'm so happy you're blogging. Your little family is darling. I'm glad your new little one finally came! I can't believe you had him natural! I honestly would have died. You rock! Love you!
Hey Em!! I am so excited for you! Beckam is adorable! I am so glad you are blogging! Miss ya tons!
My blog address is:
dmjkmcquivey.blogspot.com
he is SOOO blonde!!! what a cute family :)
Post a Comment