Monday, June 9, 2008

We went to the zoo!

We took a trip to the zoo on Saturday. It was Saylor's 1st time and she was so excited. All the way down she sang every animal song she knew. She couldn't believe the animals were all right there and not on tv! She saw the black bear playing in its water and said "I get in there, too?". She didn't quite get why that wasn't a good idea. When she saw the leopard she wanted to pet it really bad. And when we asked her what she thought about the penguins she said, very succinctly, "They stink.". It was a lot of fun. Beckam was a good sport, too (I know, taking him was pretty brave, right?).
Saylor was most excited about the waterfall at the entrance. Go figure.

HUGE scary peacock...

The elephant decided to move out of sight just as I took the picture...

3 comments:

The Barneys said...

So Fun! I can’t wait to take Brighton. Love the pictures of you guys.

Angela said...

It looks like a ton of fun. We love the zoo!!!

It's Me...shell said...

Holy Crap! You're a mom. I mean I knew you were, but never actaully saw the evidence. Crazy. Yeah, i'm getting married. It's on august 29th. If I could get your address that'd be great. I'm glad you like his blog. I like it too. P.s. How'd you find mine?