I just wanted to do a little post to pay tribute to the dads in my life.
First, to my own dad, who has a very special place in my crowded heart. He is one of the most unselfish people I know. He works so hard, everyday, at a job he does so well but doesn't really love. He never complains but I hear his frustrations in his sighs, and I see it in his face when he emerges from his office (at home) to see who has stopped by and what they are doing. Everything he earns goes to his family. He would give you anything you asked for if it meant your life would be a bit happier or easier. He is so wise. I didn't really understand that until I realized that I ask his opinion about literally everything. I value it so much because he has lead such a righteous and successful life. He's so thoughtful and sweet, and cares so much for his family. Any time I think about him for long enough I get that lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. He is my hero. I so love they way he smells, his beautiful voice when he sings, how contagious it is when he gets laughing hard, his passion and knowledge of the outdoors, his addiction to toothpicks, the way he dances with my mom, and how much he loves and respects her, and his strength and endurance in all aspects of his life. He's such a wonderful man and husband and grandpa, but mostly he's the perfect dad! I love you Dad!
Next, to Adam, my amazing husband. Saylor and Beckam are so lucky to have him for a dad because he will never grow up. There will always be a lot of little boy in him. It's amazing how lucky I am that my first kiss, my high school sweetheart, my boyfriend, my best friend, my husband, and the father of my children are all the same person. He's been so perfect in every role. I knew from the beginning that I would always be happy with him, but I never knew how happy my kids would be because of him. Saylor is a daddy's girl through and through and I know they will always be close. He's so careful to take time out of his crazy busy life just for her. I'm so thankful that the way he treats me is the example she is seeing of how a man should treat a woman, and how she should expect to be treated by someone in the future. And I know that Beckam will learn the same thing from him. I can't wait for them to be best buds. I can't imagine all the fishing they'll do together...I'm so excited to see their relationship develop. Adam is such a wonderful provider for our family. He always puts us first. He makes us laugh (he's a big goofball anyway, but you should see him with Saylor). He protects us (even though I'm the one to go investigate the mysterious sounds at night). He's a hard worker (full time job and full time student). He takes care of us, making sure we each have more than we need. He is just so perfect. I love him more than I have ever been able to explain...there just aren't words deep enough! He's the most amazing dad. I'm so thankful my kids have him to look up to. I love you Adam! Thank you so much for all that you are and do!
Happy Father's Day to you both, and to the rest of you Dads out there!
13 years ago

4 comments:
What would we do without the men in our lives? We are so lucky, aren't we? Love you guys!
What a beautiful tribute. You have been very blessed with 2 wonderful men. Thanks for sharing. Cousin Joy.
I'm glad you liked my layout! I got it at thecutestblogontheblock.com They've got lots of cute ones!
I'll leave one for you at your parents. way to go nat for being born on my wedding day
Post a Comment