Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pre-4th of July Celebrations

We loved the way the 4th of July worked out this year! We celebrated for 4 days! We were super busy so that means lots of pictures!
On the 2nd, we walked in Centerville's Children's Parade. It wasn't so much a "parade"...more like all of the kids in the city were taking a walk together as a few adults looked on. It was pretty funny. Saylor wanted to be "the princess in the parade" and talked about it for a month. She was pretty excited. My parents and nephew came and walked with us! Grandma and Grandpa Dahl were our gracious spectators!


On July 3rd we went to Centerville's nice, little celebration. Beckam loved playing in the bounce house. I had to drag him out of it kicking and screaming. Saylor wouldn't get in because she didn't think she should have to remove her shoes. Diva. Later, we made and decorated some festive cookies...

...and made funny faces. It's what we do.



Then we busted out the traditional sparklers! Saylor actually held one this year and enjoyed it!
Beckam kept telling us they were "too hot" and wouldn't participate. But he liked his squirt gun!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love that Saylor is such a diva.

It's Me...shell said...

I absolutely LOVE when the 4th is on a Sunday. Super long celebration AND I get my birthday all to myself