On our way home from our dear little well a few days ago, we spotted a tiny little wisp of smoke rising off the mountain. As I drove closer I started to get nervous as it grew bigger and bigger, and as I realized how close it was to our house! We got home and watched it grow with our next-door neighbor from her living room! Of course, I didn't get any pictures, but the kids and I got to watch the helicopters fly in and out with their buckets of water! I don't know who was more excited, me or the littles, haha! The fire got close enough that I made a mental plan of what I would do if we had to evacuate. Kind of exciting. That night, we could see the path that the fire had taken because it was all glowing red...so cool.
The next day, the kids and I went to a park nearby. It just happened to be the place where all the fire crews were assembling! All the fire trucks and the 2 helicopters were parked right there at the park! The kids got to talk to the pilots and firefighters, and sit in the helicopters (actually just Beckam. Saylor wasn't interested, she was too busy playing Rapunzel in her tower)! It was so neat! Again...no camera, I was so bummed! It was such a cool experience though! Yay for firefighters!
13 years ago

3 comments:
yeah for your house not burning down!
Oh my goodness! I would be freaking out!! Fun that you got to see everyone at the park though.. and that part about Saylor and Rapunzal. Hilarious. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :o) Every little bit helps! And yes, it really isnt that long.. so I will live I'm sure ;)
That's so scary, but way exciting that he got to sit in the helicopter
Post a Comment