Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's been a while...

I'm going to blame my lazy blogging on the good ol' summertime. We've been laying low...surviving the heat, not really up to much. Here are some updates on the Littles:

Saylor still says hilarious, and sometimes inappropriate, things. I stopped posting them under the "Saylorisms" because I couldn't keep up. Here are a few recent gems that come to mind: "When I'm a cheerleader I want to have a baby"; I asked her what kind of birthday cake we should make for Grandpa Dahl, she said "A boring one...because he's boring"; "Mom, I wish you could have a Space Bag (from the infomercial) for all your clothes. And I want one because I could throw it in the mud and my clothes would stay clean!". She LOVES to draw and is really good at it. Yesterday she drew and cut out "a blue morpho butterfly" (I didn't teach her that...I had to google it). She eats waffles every morning while the rest of us have cereal. She is very sweet most of the time, but when she's mad...duck and cover. She loves princesses, mermaids, fairies, singing, makeup....all things girly. And she's so excited for her little sister! She wants, with all her heart, to name her Lilly.

Beckam is my little sunshine. He's as sweet as can be (unless I'm trying to get him to eat when he doesn't feel it's the right time). He's really into rocks...finding them, throwing them, carrying them around. He walks around with his hands in his pockets, like a little man. When I cry (I'm pregnant, remember) he says "I know, Mommy". And when Saylor is afraid he says "You're okay, Say Say". He's just a little lover. Movies he's into: Cars, Wall-E, and everything Toy Story. His sweet-tooth rules his life. He loves Daddy and cheese. He loves the water and is pretty fearless. He likes to draw and color. He's still tall and sooo blond. And his dimples melt my heart. AND HE IS FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!

The wee babe deserves an update as well. She's kicking around in there, just a-growing...still nameless. At our last ultrasound, she spent the entire time in the pike position (imagine one of the girls on the Chinese Olympic diving team that folds completely in half and wraps their arms around their thighs...foreshadowing maybe? not the Chinese part though). She's into chocolate milk and likes to inflict heartburn on me. We're at 24 weeks already!!

3 comments:

Laci said...

Saylor just KILLS me!! And Beckem... what a little sweetheart. Sounds like you have quite the entertainment on a daily basis! :o) I love reading about it all~ such a cute family.

Darci said...

awe, lilly isn't a bad name- you could do liliana or something :) i'm glad you're doing well with the baby!

Elise said...

I love it! I love hearing about your life. Wish we weren't so far away. Good luck for the last half of the pregnancy. I'm sure you're doing a great job with it all! Love you so much!