Last night someone "haunted" us. They left a cute Halloween treat and the little poem explaining it all, etc. Saylor was asleep (and it was kind of intended for her) so we let her find it this morning. The doorbell rang and we went down to find no one there, which totally threw her off. I didn't point out the treat sitting there but it didn't take long before she spotted it and screamed "Oh my gosh! A treat! For me!" So I explained that it was a special surprise for Halloween, just for her (she said "because I taked a nap?") and that now we get to surprise someone else. She loved the yummy cupcakes and candy corn, so THANKS SECRET HALLOWEEN DELIVERER OF GOODIES! ;) You made the residents of the Dahl House, young and old alike, very happy and excited! Way to kick off the season!



6 comments:
I love Halloween too!! I bet it totally made the 'HAUNTER's day when they found out how excited she was! I'm sure that haunter knew that she would like a surprise like that, she is such a doll!! ;)
I'm a fall person aslo. I just love little treats left at my door. It makes things that much more fun.
So cute! I love Saylor and Halloween
Fall is my favorite too. I saw your blog about the Layton football game and I was there too! You probably saw me running around getting pictures like an idiot because my sister was royalty. I am sure I embarassed her so bad! It is so fun going to high school football games. They bring back so many memories!
Emily! It is so funny you found me because I had a dream about you last night! I"m not kidding! We were going to perform some cheerleading thing and we didn't practice and we were just laughing. Your kids are way cute. I'm so glad that we get to keep in touch.
And . . . I love fall too!
Post a Comment