
Beckam can't keep his hands still. This is especially true when he is trying to fall asleep. He likes to brush his hand on my face and grab my chin and funny stuff like that. So when he's in his bassinet it's kind of interesting...
I woke up at 4:00 this morning to the sound of frogs croaking. We don't live near a pond or any body of water, nor do we own frogs, so I was pretty confused. To make matters worse, it was 4 a.m. and I had only been in bed for 3 hours, so I was pretty groggy. I sat up and started looking around for the source of the croaking. Adam was snoring, it was a little gurgley but not froggy. The baby monitor was on but it wasn't Saylor making the noise. Beckam's bassinet is next to the bed on my side. Attached to it is a mobile that, obviously, spins around and lights up It also makes various "soothing" sounds: a creepy lady actually singing lullabies, running water, birds chirping, crickets...chirping?, and FROGS CROAKING! I looked at the bassinet next to the bed and see Beckam's busy little hand shoot up over the side and go crazy, pushing as many buttons on that mobile as he can. The croaking stops but he's managed to set the mobile in motion, turn on the creepy lady, turn her off, birds on, birds off, lady again, running water, crickets, lady, frogs... The only thing that stopped him was when he hit the button that turns on lights. By this time I had gotten over to him and was watching when the lights came on. His eyes were the size of quarters and it surprised him so much that his arms shot out and whacked the sides of the bassinet, and his legs jerked straight out and hit the end, thus, pushing his whole body up to the top where he bonked his head (he's way too big for his bed)! It was so funny! I got him situated again and calmed down and got back into bed myself. I watched him to make sure he fell asleep and he did it again! He didn't manage to turn the lights on this time, but he went through all the sounds again. I was exhausted so I just put him in bed with me. Funny boy.
I woke up at 4:00 this morning to the sound of frogs croaking. We don't live near a pond or any body of water, nor do we own frogs, so I was pretty confused. To make matters worse, it was 4 a.m. and I had only been in bed for 3 hours, so I was pretty groggy. I sat up and started looking around for the source of the croaking. Adam was snoring, it was a little gurgley but not froggy. The baby monitor was on but it wasn't Saylor making the noise. Beckam's bassinet is next to the bed on my side. Attached to it is a mobile that, obviously, spins around and lights up It also makes various "soothing" sounds: a creepy lady actually singing lullabies, running water, birds chirping, crickets...chirping?, and FROGS CROAKING! I looked at the bassinet next to the bed and see Beckam's busy little hand shoot up over the side and go crazy, pushing as many buttons on that mobile as he can. The croaking stops but he's managed to set the mobile in motion, turn on the creepy lady, turn her off, birds on, birds off, lady again, running water, crickets, lady, frogs... The only thing that stopped him was when he hit the button that turns on lights. By this time I had gotten over to him and was watching when the lights came on. His eyes were the size of quarters and it surprised him so much that his arms shot out and whacked the sides of the bassinet, and his legs jerked straight out and hit the end, thus, pushing his whole body up to the top where he bonked his head (he's way too big for his bed)! It was so funny! I got him situated again and calmed down and got back into bed myself. I watched him to make sure he fell asleep and he did it again! He didn't manage to turn the lights on this time, but he went through all the sounds again. I was exhausted so I just put him in bed with me. Funny boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment