Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday! He's 60!...but you'd never know it. There is a very special place in my heart just for him. We've always had an awesome relationship, and I know I'm a better person for being close with him. Some of my best memories are from jr high through high school. Every morning we would eat breakfast together, usually just the 2 of us. We'd sit in the dark kitchen, before the sun was up, me with my feet over the heater vent, him across from me usually over a book. We'd eat our "7 grain oatmeal" that he'd make most mornings and just chat! I loved it! I miss it so much! He's so sweet and so wise. Whenever I don't know the answer to something I always say "I'll ask my dad". I never question the answer he gives me either. He could be making things up all these years for all I know, I just always trusted that what my dad said was true because he's so smart! He loves his family so much and always puts us first. He loves the gospel and has such a strong knowledge and testimony of it. I appreciate, so much, all that he has done for me and taught me. I look up to him, always have, always will. Happy Birthday Dad! I love you more than you'll ever know!!

No comments: