Friday, April 10, 2009

And We're Back!

We got some of our internet bumps ironed out...finally! That means I have a lot of catching up to do...

St. Patrick's Day:
Saylor woke up to find that, according to her, the leprechauns had jumped and danced on her bed during the night, causing their "gold" to spill out of their pockets onto her bed! She followed the candy trail and found a rainbow of cupcakes and a bunch of gold! The tricky little guys also walked all over every glass/windex-able surface in the house :)...leaving their green little footprints as evidence. They played tricks on Saylor all day, including turning the milk and Saylor's bath water green! Saylor had a blast.


Park City Weekend:

Confession: I have spent 1 total night away from Saylor in her 3 years of life, and none away from Beckam. And I'm the only one to blame. There is a severe separation anxiety problem...only it's with me, not my kids (well, it's Beckam too). Sad? Yes. So it was time for me to get out! I went to Park City with my mom and sisters. We shopped, sat in the hot tub, ate...a lot, talked...too much, and had a really good time.And I didn't even cry. I came away with one picture...good thing I brought the camera! Thanks to Adam and his parents for watching the kids so I could have some time for myself! And thanks to my mom and sisters for making me do it, we had so much fun!


Beckam:

Beckam is 11 months old now and has suddenly started spouting out words! He says "off" (soft), "da" (ball), "tickle" (...tickle), and "wasat" (what's that). I'm so excited! He never really did the whole "mama dada" thing and meant it, so I thought we were a long way off. Here we've been waiting for him to start slowly, like with our names, but Beckam has never done anything slowly (remember the story of his birth?), so I don't know why I'm surprised. It's so fun to hear his cute little voice making actual words...kind of.

He's SO close to walking too. He's taken as many as 5 consecutive steps! I'm thinking it will be in the next week that he'll take off. Wish us luck.

Saylor:

All of the sudden Saylor seems like she's 8 1/2. Adam and I can't really put our finger on what is making her seem so grown up, but she's just so..."old" out of no where. She still says funny things. She told me an M&M tasted like scum, she said "Where's my coat? It's freaking cold outside!", her new favorite word is "soaking" but she uses it as an adjective, as in "that is soaking cute!". She has entered the seeming endless stage of questions. I think she asked me 36 million questions today, one right after the next. My brain is so exhausted from trying to come up with answers!

Me and Adam:

We finally get to sleep next to each other as Beckam has successfully been sleeping through the night IN HIS CRIB! Ps both sleeping through the night, and sleeping in his crib are new accomplishments (it's ok if you want to feel bad for me). We're thrilled to be able to cuddle a bit at night. Our whole little family each had our turn at the flu again, my dad too. That's twice this year. Fun times. All in all, we're doing great and having a fun time doing it!



End transmission.

3 comments:

mike and elise said...

Wow! I can't believe how BIG your kids are getting. Especially Beckam. And cute, too!!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

You're kids are so big and dang cute! I can't believe Beckam is already 11 months, I remember reading about him when he was only a month old or something...my how time flies.

Did you end up selling your condo? Did you move?

Shelise said...

WOW, I think I am going to be inspired by you and take a ladies night with my sisters and Mom. That would be so fun. I can't believe Beckham is talking, that is so fun. Dallin talked really early and clearly but not much from Kylee yet. And Saylor is so cute, I love all the stories you share about her.