Friday, April 9, 2010

Saturday Egg Hunt

Jenene (Grandma Dahl) took us to the Easter Egg Hunt for employees of Davis County on the Saturday before Easter (thank you!!). Saylor and Beckam were in two different age groups. My camera and I went with Saylor so I will have to add the pictures of Beckam's experience later.

It started out great, a little bit chilly but Saylor was excited! They blew the whistle to start the hunt and all the kids ran into the middle to pick up their eggs. Saylor did her little pixie-run in with all the other kids and then...
...stopped dead in her tracks, turned around, and marched back to me.
She said "I'm not doing this anymore." And that was that. She wouldn't explain it to me (later I got it out of her that she was intimidated by all the other kids).
Grandpa Dahl came to the rescue and helped her pick up a few eggs.
Beckam, on the other hand, did great! He picked up tons of eggs and was bummed when they had all been picked up. He has been very sweet to share some of his loot with Saylor (he got about 3 times as much as she did).
We were all smiles again once it was over.
**I have to document Saylor's Jekyll and Hyde moments as evidence of some of the grief she put me through as a child, so that when she is a mother she will appreciate me more :) Most of the time she is very sweet and funny. I love both Jekyll and Hyde.

1 comment:

It's Me...shell said...

You know sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with other people. I totally understand. ha ha I love Easter egg hunts, It's one of my favorite holidays