Thursday, December 11, 2008

Houdini Baby

It seems like I'm posting a lot about Beckam lately! Maybe that's because he and his tricks are consuming my life! Here's his latest:

Every so often a mom has to confine her child for his own safety. This is the device that worked so well with Saylor, but with Beckam...not so much.

I was washing Saylor's hair tonight and wanted to keep Beckam in my sight, and also immobile. He loves to crawl on the tile because he knows it scares me to death because he is reckless and often slips and lands head-first (it will be a miracle if he makes it to his first birthday without brain damage). So I strap him the old reliable to keep his head bruise-free and go to town on Saylor's hair. He's pretty mad about his confinement and starts screaming (what else is new), and squirming (what else is new), and kicking, etc, etc. I glance over my shoulder to see him arch is back and do a gator roll to right, then one to the left, and then this really awkward maneuver back to the right which has just enough force to hurl the top half of his body over the edge of the chair. Head and tile meet once again.

Now he has a nice red goose egg, which I'm sure will bruise. And I have one less way to keep him still, leaving me with nothing. He gets out of everything. He is the next Houdini.

3 comments:

Denny 101 said...

okay so I love reading your blog, little saylor cracks me up! i love her one liners! lets get together soon.

Carrera said...

I can't believe he got out! That would be so hard to never be able to set him down without worrying!

That is so funny that I picked that house! You will have to let me know :)

It's Me...shell said...

Oh that's funny! Sorry about the one less way to restrain. Not as fun