Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Week!

This last week was pretty crazy for us! It was physically draining, emotionally draining....we're worn out. Here's what's up...

Sunday, the 27th, was my birthday. Yep, 24. That morning my Grandma Baird passed away, too. They live near Seattle and due to limited funds we weren't able to get up there. I'm so so so sad that I had to miss her funeral and wasn't able to be there to support my Dad and Grandpa. My parents, Rach and Matt, Chels, and Natalie were able to go and they got some great pictures and brought back good stories and a few of my grandma's things for me to keep to remember her by. This pic was taken in 2005 when we all went up to visit them. I've never played dominoes and had so much fun with anyone else. I'm going to miss her so much!

Then we found out about Beckam's heart issues and started stressing about that. I have to say that I love our pediatrician and Mckay-Dee Hospital. They were able to fit us in for an echo cardiogram on Friday (since Primary's was booked until Sept). We had that done and they called us that night at 8 pm with the results. They said all the chambers and valves look fine. They spotted the murmur but think it's just one of those things and shouldn't cause any problems. Phew!! Then my doctor called yesterday, yeah...a Sunday afternoon, to make sure we had gotten the word and to answer any questions. Awesome service, huh? So thanks for keeping us in your prayers, they were answered!

We also put our house on the market so we were crazy busy trying to get it all cleaned up and ready for that. We've accumulated a lot of stuff over these past few years...I hate moving. Shameless plug: http://clintontownhome.blogspot.com/ Spread the word.

Yesterday, Chelsea and Craig blessed their cute baby, Reese. It was a great blessing. They had a brunch at their house afterward (YUM, Chels: email me that recipe), which was really fun. I wish they were closer (they're in Riverton) because we love hanging out with them, and Saylor and Brinkley get along so well. The pic is of Beckam and Reese. She is 2 weeks older than he is, so fun. She's so pretty, the pic doesn't do her justice.


Anyway, that's what our last little bit has looked like! I need another weekend to recover!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so sorry that you weren't able to go to your Grandma's funeral. On the flip side of the coin I am SO grateful Beckam doesn't have anything more serious wrong with his heart. Good luck with all the busy weeks that I'm sure are to come.

Darci said...

i'm sorry about your gma- i am close to mine too! but that is great about beckam!!

Larson Family said...

Glad Beckam is okay!!! That is great news. Sorry about your grandma. Isn't it great that we know about the plan of salvation!!! I don't think I could handle anyones death without it!!

Carrera said...

Hey Justin informed us that Beckham is okay and we were so glad to hear the news! Sorry to hear about your grandma though. Our babysitting offer still stands if you ever decide you need it! and p.s. we are spreading the word about the house for sale whenever we can! love Carrera and AJ