One of my favorite childhood memories is of my parents poking their heads into our rooms after we had already gotten in bed, to invite us to have homemade milkshakes with them. They used to do this every once in a while and I loved the little surprise of it.
Adam and I have decided to make this one of our traditions. But, I'm not as cool as my mom and dad, so we just do milkshakes before bed....as a midnight snack. Maybe one day, when my quiet nights with kids sleeping aren't so valuable to me, I'll get them out of bed for this little milkshake fest.
13 years ago

1 comment:
That is so precious! How cool that your parents would wake you up for milkshakes. I'm glad you are carrying on the tradition but I would do it before bed for now just like you. You're right, someday waking them up will be fine. You will get to where you miss your kids because they are always at activities outside of home Those midnight milkshakes will be a great bonding time.
Post a Comment