Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beckam is Potty Trained!

 At long last, this wonderful day has arrived. Beckam, with much help and support from his biggest fans, has defeated diapers once and for all. It is a monumentous occasion as I thought it would never happen.

I know that you're supposed to let them do it when they are ready but, to use Beckam's favorite quote and in the words of Jiminey Cricket "After all, enough is enough!"The boy is 3 and had been more than capable of doing this for months. He's just old and set in his ways. And lazy. So we completely forced him into it and then just held on for the ride. It was ugly, and messy, and I have never done so much laundry in my entire life!
He's so funny about how he tells me he needs to go. He just appears next to me, his face completely void of expression (think child ghost from a scary movie), and waits for me to realize what he's doing. Then, when I say "do you need to go?" he breaks into a dead sprint for the potty. Crazy kid. I'm just glad we're only buying diapers for one now. So proud of you, Beck!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, that's wonderful. Some kids need a gentle push - others a shove.