13 years ago
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
My Little Artist
We were on the way to the store and Saylor and Beckam were being abnormally quiet in the backseat. This is always the first indication that they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. I didn't think of that though, I was just enjoying the peace and quiet. After parking, I opened Saylor's door and found a beautiful mural covering the entire car door, the light-colored fabric acting as her canvas. It was a picture of our family as stick figures, a few flowers, and some other random stick people. I gasped and said, very loudly, "Did you do this? Just now?" Very hesitantly, Saylor said "No...well a little while ago..." as she dropped the pen. Her lips turned down, her chin wrinkled up and she started fighting tears. I tried my best to keep my cool as I explained why this lovely piece of art was not okay. She felt really bad so I let it go, with just a few (not-so-gentle) reminders during our shopping trip about where it is appropriate to draw and where it is not. When we got home I made her scrub the door with me. You'll notice her "sorry" face...



Thankfully it all came off...for the most part. There is a bluish hue to the door now, a permanent reminder of my tiny artist's work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That looks like what happened to my cough a while back. Hairspray helps it it out.
Oh man, why can't they just be good when they're so quiet? You try to enjoy it and then it just comes back to bite you. She is a great little artist, though :)
Oh man, that's no bueno. quiet children are dangerous
Post a Comment