Tuesday, January 5, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

....and we were busy! We tried really hard to emphasize the real meaning of Christmas to our kids this year, and I think we did well! The afternoon of Christmas Eve was spent doing some service. Saylor loved it and I think she got the point. We had a really good time, I think that'll be a tradition for our little family.

The night was filled with family, the traditional jammies, and bouncing between the Dahl's and the Baird's. The highlight was the nativity, of course. At Grandma Dahl's party (the Sunday before), Saylor got to be an angel in the nativity. She thought this was the most wonderful thing.
When we did the nativity at the Baird's, Saylor upgraded her role and played Mary. Adam played the donkey...what a noble steed.
And Beckam, briefly, played Joseph.
The kids were so excited for Santa to come so getting them in bed wasn't too bad. They set out milk and cookies (Beckam was SO mad that he couldn't have one. No one has a sweet-tooth like that little boy), and then it was off to bed!
I had to end it on a happier note.

No comments: