Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School!!

Saylor started preschool today!! She has been looking forward to this for months so she was VERY excited.

Here she is in her classroom! She giggled the whole time!
Soooooo EXCITED!!
She walked right into the classroom and wanted us to leave. She didn't act at all nervous or scared or anything! She did so great! When we went to pick her up she was all smiles and went on and on about how they colored, sang, played, had snack, etc. However, she failed to mention that she GOT A BLACK EYE!! When we asked her about it she didn't really want to talk about it. Throughout the day we got more details: she was playing "mommy" and another little girl came and tried to take her stroller. Saylor wasn't having it so they played tug-of-war over it. I'm assuming she got bumped in the eye somewhere in that little tangle. She wasn't too worried about it though, so I'm trying not to dwell on it. This is the best picture I could get of it. It's a lot worse than it looks. Sad. Her first day of school and her first shiner to go along with it. The teacher said she didn't cry once the whole time so I guess she's tough.
Her teacher said that she was very social (surprise) and even invited some of the kids who weren't playing to come do a puzzle with her. She's so sweet and friendly, she'll do great. We're so proud of her for doing so well and or being so excited! Way to go Saylor!

5 comments:

Laci said...

Saylor totally has your smile Em. What a CUTIE!! That will be a great story to tell when she's older about her black eye LOL! Glad she loved preschool!

It's Me...shell said...

That sounds like an eventful day. That's awesome she was so including. the shiner will be a great story for later, she didn't even cry which makes her look more tough

Darci said...

i love how the backpacks are so BIG on them :) she looks so adorable...

Heather said...

That's so sad she got a black eye...but I agree with the others that will be SUCH a good story to tell about her the rest of her life!

And I'm glad you're coming to maize days! I'll look for you :)

The Barneys said...

It's nice to hear that she had a great time. It also sucks about her black eye.