Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grandpa Leo

My Grandpa came to visit!! I haven't seen him for 4 years, so he has never met my kids. I was so excited to introduce them to him and for them to get to know him and spend some time with him.
My Grandpa is the sweetest, cutest, most kind and chivalrous man ever. I love him so much! We took walks with him, watched some sports together, he let Saylor talk his ear off and played catch with Beckam. It made me so happy to see the 3 of them together. He told Saylor stories about his time in the navy and how he was a sailor. She was so excited that he was a sailor and she IS a Saylor and so they are "matchers"!! During one of his stories she turned to me and said "Mommy.....Leo is talking to ME!" She was so excited! I think they made a special little bond. Grandpa won Beckam over with a million games of peek-a-boo. Beckam just loved him. Saylor asked him all kinds of questions about when he was a little boy in Wyoming, and he told us all about his growing-up years. So fun.
Having my kids spend time with someone who is so special to me was so wonderful. I was reminded of how precious our time together is. I'm so grateful that we could spend the week with him! Grandparents are such a blessing!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet, tender, tiny, precious little grandpa. just a tiny little gem of love.

It's Me...shell said...

Oh that's fun! I love that they made a connection with being sailors.