
Beckam is 6 months old already! Insert cliche about how time flies here. But seriously, this has flown. He had his checkup today and did great!
We'll start with the positives... He's almost 30 feet tall. By almost I mean 27 1/2 inches! That's the 80th %. He's a twig though...only 15 lbs...9th %. So he's growing nice and tall but not so much nice and round. He is sitting up! He has 2 teeth! He is CRAWLING! He has a nice regimen of inching, army crawling, and crawling on all fours. He likes to switch it up...keep things interesting. He also likes to throw a roll or 2 in there, and thinks it's great to change directions...like 180 degrees...as fast as he can. We are in so much trouble as soon as the Christmas tree goes up. Next, his reflux is a thing of the past! YAY!!! No more twice-daily doses of Zantac! Hooray!
And with Beckam you can always count on at least one negative... The heart murmur is still there, confirming that it probably will always be there...just hanging out in the background all his life...hopefully never causing any problems. Also, he has thrush (yeast infection in his mouth that has also traveled south). Sad. I knew something was going on in the diaper region, and thought it was a yeasty. But my medical skills fall short as I did not diagnose the mouth issue. Never fear, we went back to the pharmacy and got some stuff and it should all clear up in no time.
He's been a lot of fun lately. He is starting to like rice cereal a bit more, and we're going to start baby food soon. Hopefully this quells his interest in my food. He stares at whatever I'm eating like he's starving to death. It's kind of sad, really. I think he's looking a lot like Dopey, as in dwarf #7. He's not bald but his hair is so blonde that you can't really see it in most lighting. His ears, my favorite, stick out. His face is the same shape...it's funny. He's still way cuddly. He laughs at everything. He smiles constantly. I love him so much!!!

7 comments:
your kids are adorable :)
Oh my gosh, we battled thrush big time with E&A. My advice: go straight to gentian violet in the mouth. Yeah, he'll have a purple mouth for a few days, but it's SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!
Good luck. You have a sweet little family!
I just read the quotes by Saylor on the side of your blog. Those are so cute and funny!! I can't wait to hear the things our kids say. Your kids are so cute!
WOW! You're kids are super big and dang cute. Thanks for the post on my blog....I'm nervous things are not going to work in my favor with this potty thing. He's shown interest but that doesn't mean it's going to go very well.
Thanks for the advice and I did read your post about Saylor's journey of potty training...I'm happy to hear she just started doing it by herself. I'm not so sure I will be that lucky...LOL!
We will see. Beckam (is that how you spell it) is adorable. He seems like such a sweet little boy. They grow so fast.
Thank again it was good to hear from you.
I can't believe it's been six months! He really is just so cute!
that's good that things are mostly better. And by the by my mom has a heart murmur and it hasn't brought up any problems.
Hey Emily and Adam- I finally had some time tonight to catch up on blog reading (it's been forever). Your family picture is beautiful, I love it- can't wait to get mine done. Your kids are so darn cute! Your little Beckam is crawling?! My Beckam hates to be on his tummy, he rolls off of it as soon as I put him on it. Aren't they fun!!!
Post a Comment