Monday, September 19, 2011

Kids on Parade

 The kids came home from playing at their cousin's house (a few blocks away from ours), and informed me that they were going to be in a parade at 7:00, and that they needed to wear costumes. Brinkley (cousin) had coordinated the event and made posters and tickets....it was going to be a huge to-do.
 Saylor put herself in charge of costumes (she wants to be a "fashion girl" when she grows up), and I have to say, she did an awesome job. She was a cheerleader, and Beckam was a sheriff.
The parade was so cute. All the neighborhood kids were invited. Brinkley made posters, invitations, tickets...they even threw candy (actually Andes mints, animal crackers and marshmallows)!
 Beckam was preoccupied with keeping his gun in his holster, so he kept falling way behind...

They get these ideas in their heads and do so much work to make them happen. I love letting them be funny little kids. And I got some Andes mints out of it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is a fantastic idea for a group of kids. Who needs a holiday. Any day can be a parade day.