Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Ballerina

Saylor started dance classes in August! She's always loved dancing, singing and performing, and has always talked about being a "ballerina cheerleader" when she grows up, so we figured it was time! She is in a ballet/tumbling/tap class and loves every minute of it! She got to pick out her leotard, tutu and tights, and I think she tried them on at least 15 times before the classes even started. She's so excited!

Here is her grand plie...

...and bow!
Most of these pictures are dark/blurry, and shot from behind, but I had to be sneaky! I love her pose in this one (she's the one with the flower in her hair).



It took some minor trickery to get her to agree to take ballet in the first place. With this little girl, if it isn't her idea...it's not a good idea. Well, starting ballet was my idea, so it was immediately rejected. I had to turn it all around and make her think that it was her idea. Once she was convinced of that she was all in! She enjoys it so much...I wish she'd just listen to her parents!

No comments: