Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Home Evenings

We've started having a weekly Family Home Evening and it has been so much fun that I wanted to document them for the memories! We'll start from yesterday and work backwards.

12/07/09 We made a gingerbread house! I entirely forgot to incorporate a lesson (oops) but we had fun spending time together. Saylor was our great little helper, and Beckam ate the candy decorations (take note of how he participates in these activities).
Adam's window feature wall.

The finished product.

11/30/09 We made our stockings (all of our decorations this year are temporary and homemade as our actual decorations are boxed up in storage), made our traditional holiday cookies, and made a countdown chain! Our lesson was about the true meaning of Christmas, and how we can think of others this season. Each day when we take a link off the chain, Saylor chooses something nice to do for someone else. She's loving it so far!

Saylor helped make the chain.
Beckam is eating an apple (noticing a theme yet?).The finished product.

11/23/09 We went over to Grandma and Grandpa Sweetie's for FHE. We had a lesson about Thanksgiving and talked about all of our blessings. Then we made pilgrim hat cookies! Saylor helped make the cookies...(yes Saylor is wearing the same shirt as she did above. Apparently it's her Monday shirt)
Beckam ate them...
The finished product.

3 comments:

The Daleys said...

What cute ideas!!

It's Me...shell said...

Cute family home evenings! Tron and I keep thinking we need to do things, but with just the two of us it's not fun. Maybe when the baby is born and older it will work better

Shelise said...

I love the pilgrim hats, so cute. Good for you doing FHE. I find it is sometimes hard to do and the lessons are always 5 minutes or less but we do have fun together.