Saturday, November 20, 2010

Adjusting to the Crazy 3!

While pregnant with Hayden, everyone always told me that if I can handle 3 kids, I can handle anything. So, needless to say, I was pretty scared of being a mother of 3. So far, we are adjusting to the added chaos of a baby, the extra busy-ness of an additional person, and just the all-around crazy experience that expanding a family is. 
Saylor and Beckam have been just perfect. They've been so helpful and patient. They are the 2 sweetest brother and sister ever. Saylor calls Hayden "Pinky" for 2 reasons: she hates the name "Hayden" and thinks it's exclusively a boy's name; and she has retained her pink hue from birth. HAHA! Saylor is good at loving her new baby sister, and getting diapers for me, and find a burp cloth, etc. I'd be up a creek without her!

Beckam is...new at this. He really is doing well. He's good at being patient. He's learning to do more for himself. He loves to kiss and hug Hayden. But, he also loves jumping around and being a boy....and sometimes that happens very close to the baby. I'm a little scared to leave her unattended because he just doesn't realize where she is, sometimes.
Funny story. Hayden requires soooo much of my attention, so Saylor and Beckam have been on their own (neglected) a lot more than they used to be. I was in another room doing something for the baby for a few minutes, and really wasn't thinking about what Beckam might be up to. I came to the kitchen and found him knee deep in the chocolate cake that we had gotten for dessert! He had gotten himself a fork, climbed up on the table, and just helped himself! He seriously ate 1/4 of the cake. A boy after my own heart.

3 kids is definitely a handful, but we're figuring it out!

No comments: