This post will make you feel very sad for us. Our trip to The Happiest Place on Earth was so not that happy. :( It poured and rained and rained buckets on us. And we were ill-prepared. Adam and I are firm believers that you choose your attitude, so we used this experience to teach that to our kids. But, I'm afraid, I needed the lesson the most. Saylor and Beckam, and even Hayden, were such troopers the whole day. They didn't complain once. I kept all my complaints to myself, but Adam and I were heart-broken that Disneyland was not all that it could have been for our kids. We got there at 9 am, in the pouring rain, and left at 2 pm, in the pouring rain, because we just couldn't handle it anymore! We could see our breath! About half of the things we wanted to do were closed, and what we did do just wasn't the same wearing a poncho.
Hayden couldn't get enough of Pluto! She just wanted to pant at him and grab him!
Cruella DeVil was awesome. She was treating Saylor like a puppy, asking her if she could sit and shake and speak, etc. Saylor played right along and loved it. Beckam, on the other hand, got a little defensive of his sister and was completely offended when Cruella said she wanted to make a fur coat out of Saylor!
Both Saylor and Beckam were really excited to meet the princesses (maybe because we actually got out of the rain for this part of the day)! They were bummed because they really wanted to meet Rapunzel, but they understood after I explained that there wasn't enough detangler in the entire Magic Kingdom to make her come down from that tower in that weather!
Okay. I had to include this picture of my beautiful Hayden. Yes, it is blurry because there is A RAINDROP RUNNING DOWN THE LENS. That's how miserable it was.
When we finally got back to our hotel, we got warm and dry and just watched movies. The kids were still all smiles, though!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment